Monday, October 6, 2014

21 Day Fix Begins!

I missed a few days posting partly because I wasn't feeling well for awhile and partly because I went out with some friends for the first time in about a month. We ended up eating out and although I maybe didn't make the best choices in the world, I did at least watch how much I ate. I didn't gulp down an entire basket of fish and chips like I normally would have. I ate half and took the rest home. Made myself some yummy breakfasts those days, Greek yogurt pancakes with turkey bacon, yum! I'm thinking about making those for breakfast tomorrow so I'll post the recipe I use and some pictures in tomorrow's post. Instead of trying to catch up on the last few days and have a crazy long post, I am going to just continuing on with today.

Today was the start of the "Hot For Halloween 21 Day Fix" Challenge group I'm in! Super excited! All the ladies in my challenge group seem great and there is already a lot of encouragement and suggestions happening which I love! I'm also working a lot of overtime this week so I am really having to keep myself on track. I started out the morning with two simple breakfast burrito, just two eggs, mushrooms and onions wrapped in whole wheat tortillas (the little 6" ones). I also drizzled a little bit of ketchup on there, but just a little! Condiments in moderation is what I am trying to get myself to do.



After breakfast, I relaxed for a little bit and then did my workout. Oh, by the way, I was up at 6am this morning. For some people that is not a big deal, but with my work shift I usually don't get up until maybe 9am at the earliest and I am a night owl so I stay up late. Since I am working overtime this week I had to be at work at 9:30am instead of 11:30am and since I knew I wouldn't have the energy to workout when I got home at 9pm I was a good little girl and got up nice and early. Day one was the Total Body Cardio Fix and boy are my legs still on fire. I can't do the moves nearly as well as they can in those videos, but I can definitely feel that I was doing something right.

After getting ready for work I made my morning shakeology. Today I just put shakeology, cold coffee, and ice in my shaker cup and took it to go. Drank it on the bus and it was quite delicious!

For lunch I made one of the 21 Day Fix recipes which I am in love with now! If you know me, you know that I am a sucker for a quinoa bake. I made Quinoa Taco bake! If anyone is interested in this recipe let me know! I will type it out for you. I am not doing that tonight because I am in dire need of heading to bed so I can get up early again tomorrow, but just look at it! So yummy!



The rest of the day I had Greek yogurt with raspberries and blackberries and for dinner I had grilled salmon with asparagus and mushrooms! I didn't quite get all my containers in for the day a) because that is a lot more food than I am used to and b) I really need more groceries for certain things (fruits!) but payday is a few days out.


Oh! and I made these delicious treats with some over riper bananas!



No comments:

Post a Comment